As riders we ask a lot of our horses on a day to day basis which can result in neck, back or muscular pain. This can manifest as unwanted behaviours or a reduction in performance which become severe when aggravated or not addressed.
Physiotherapy involves a thorough assessment and treatment using a variety of manual techniques, electrotherapies and remedial exercises to address the whole body.
Is your horse showing any of the following?
- Change in behaviour such as biting or kicking
- Napping, bucking, rearing
- Difficultly establishing the correct canter lead
- Reluctance to engage hindlimbs or short choppy stride
- Irregular gait
- Toe dragging or tripping
- Irritable or fidgeting when tacking up
- Resistance to mounting or cold backed
- Poor performance or worse on one rein
- Sensitivity to grooming
- Asymmetry of muscle or poor posture
- Difficulty jumping, knocking poles or refusing
I can help!
What does it entail
- A thorough history is taken
- Static assessment
- Postural assessment
- Dynamic assessment
- Range of motion
Followed by treatment including
- Soft tissue mobilisations
- Stress and trigger point therapy
- Myofascial release
- Kinesio taping
- Remedial exercises
Treatments are designed for individual animals to ensure specific needs are met.
Please ensure your horses coat is dry and free of mud and sprays to enable an effective assessment and treatment. Additionally your horse may need two or more days off following treatment so please avoid booking before competitions or planned events.